

Well -- it has been a while since we last blogged. We have been overwhelmingly busy with work and of course play. : ) Dustin's job is going well -- he truly is happy, and is meeting his bill-a-bles (however you spell that!). It is the end of the quarter and he's chasing his bonus...so he's been extra busy this week. I on the other hand am still searching for the "down," time I had expected following the start of school -- I am still soooo swamped and hope it calms down soon. We have been running around from multiple trips to Lubbock, Vegas with my high school girlfriends etc. Dustin had the pleasure of visiting Lubbock for the UT / Tech game. Poor Polo, he really needs new UT collar -- his is sooo tattered from wearing it so long (all seasons since we have had him except 1, in case you were counting) -- any takers to send a new one? J/K We are getting him the Vineyard Vine whale collar for his upcoming birthday (Nov. 1) http://www.vineyardvines.com/product__110857_____31556_13050
I went to Vegas with my high school girlfriends for Amber's Bachelorette Party a week ago -- FUN is an understatement. We got NO sleep from clubbing, gambling and just catching up....a priceless trip. A few pics are above. We are headed to Lubbock this weekend for Amber and Jeremy's wedding -- a cute couple with a FANTASTIC band planned---ELEMENT...We are so pumped! We also went to Lubbock for Papa Claude's funeral -- a huge loss, but no one can ever say the man did not have a fulfilled life! He married so many of our friend's parents (Kyna's and Dillon's) -- made a lasting impression on many of his students.
It has been a busy few weeks! I just returned, today from a 3 day trip to Austin for a data-analysis conference for math and science...yes it was the headache it sounds like. I luckily was on the UT campus that did not have shooter. I didn't even have a clue that this was going on until Tonna texted me about what was going on...I was at the research campus, 8 miles north of the main campus. Thankfully, no one was hurt and God truly did bless Texas today! HOOK 'EM. My dad had his first follow-up appointment yesterday and all is well! He had some reactions to his medications early on that caused some issues, but they are working to get that sorted out, but his levels of everything are optimal, so we're happy. He still kids me when we talk on the phone that he has to go so that he can go and flip his chicken-fry, but my mom e-mails me what he eats, so he really doesn't have me fooled. : ) I am a stickler about this low-fat, no red meat diet. Thursday my mom was phase 2 of her root-canal. She compares it with child-birth....hmmmm I am going to floss, rinse with mouthwash, and brush extra long tonight! I will post pics from Amber's wedding after this weekend. : )
1 comment:
love the update...always good to see the pics...we are all truly blessed and need to be thankful everyday for the wonder of life and good health...sometimes a little setback forces us to rethink the important things and why we are truly here in this life at this exact time..Thank you God!
Post a Comment