Monday, December 12, 2011

Healthy Baby Girls

Today was our "long" Dr.'s appointment where we basically had a 2 hour sonogram, which was fun. We got to see them a lot and they are both healthy. They each weigh 7 oz. which sounds so tiny especially compared to my weight gain, but their weight and mine are perfectly normal and on track. The Dr.'s were happy to see that they weigh the same and there isn't Twin-Twin going on (where one twin gets/steals more of the nutrition). On the screen though they look so much bigger than 7 ounces.
Their hearts checked out perfectly along with all of their organs and whatever else was checked today (we lost track). They do like to hover by each other...at one point they couldn't measure their leg bones because they couldn't decipher which leg belonged to who because they are so close. They move a lot which is fun to see and I'm starting to feel movement. Though their movement makes me nervous, I don't want them to get too tangled, I do enjoy the peace of knowing they're alive and well.
We got a lot of amazing sonogram pictures today including one of their lips.....they are HUGE. Haha....definitely got that from Dustin and not me.
Baby A and Baby B is for their marking only. The first one out of the womb will be Claire and the second one will be Caroline.

Significance of the names: Caroline was my mom's grandmother's name and her middle name Emalee comes from my dad's grandmother Ema and my grandmother's middle name Lee combined together. Claire was a name we liked and Elizabeth came from my dad's side somewhere and of course from Dustin's family they're getting Brooks. We essentially had to pick out 4 names and that was time consuming especially trying to find a name we liked that had family significance.

Our sitting area has turned in to the baby supply area for the time being. The nursery is under construction. The painter comes Wednesday and the carpet comes next Monday so in the meantime the goodies are in our room. Our cribs and furniture are supposed to be in anyday!! I love anything baby and decorating so this has been such a fun time for me. We just got in our double-decker stroller. They are seats when they are older and for now we can pop on a metal bar to hold the car seats -- this is going to be such a great asset as they can truly grow with this stroller---and it's user friendly! Thanks Momsey and Pops!

Christmas:
What a wonderful time of year. I love everyone's spirit, the smell and decor of the house. We started early this year but have moved slowly -- I am close to finishing up shopping. The weather has been extra Christmasy this year with cool days and nights, overcasts and rain....for San Antonio that's as close to snow as we're gonna get!
It takes all I have to keep Dustin from adding on to our outside decor....so I'm enjoying the simple lights on the house. I'm sure next year we'll have blow up Santa's, wrapped tree trunks, etc. We're going to give that family on Capitol street in Levelland a run for their money.





I hope you're each enjoying the holiday season. : )

1 comment:

Christina said...

I love that the girls weigh the same...it means they are already so great at sharing :)