Sunday, March 18, 2012

4-days-to-go

I cannot believe the week has FINALLY come! It has been a busy few weeks preparing. If you've been there you know and well Dustin has to do it all. I have all day to make lists and bless his heart he has to round everything up and make trips to and from the house in what little spare time he has.
I started a new medication a week and a half ago, procardia, that I take every 6 hours to null the contractions and other than one spell it has done just that. Everything else is looking good: blood pressure, swelling, etc. etc. I will say I've gotten bigger and subsequently am frequently more and more out of breath.
Dustin went home today to find that our house is all decked out for Easter thanks to Gigi. She also organized our pantry, bathroom cabinets etc. My mom and her have worked in the nursery and according to Dustin I will be so so surprised when I get home to the goodies and organization. I know this will help with all of my worries as well. THANKS MOMS!!
Thursday at 12:30 we're set for our C-Section. I've been prepped for the basics and have asked to know not much more than that. If I have time to worry about something I will but if faced with it with little time to worry I can handle and deal with most anything. I'm most worried about the spinal but hear that's relatively simple so I'm thinking it will be OK.
I'm very exhausted from my stay here at the hospital. I have meds to take every 3 hours throughout the day and night that I get very little good, deep sleep. So nonetheless I am ready to go home. I should be able to go home next Sunday. No matter what the soonest my Dr. lets me outta here I'm on it!
We've been reading Jesus calling since we've been in the hospital and here it today's devotional. I found it most appropriate!

We've saved all of the cards we've received along with prayer grams and prayer request pages from churches here and afar. Our girls, one day will be able to read these and process this all when they are able to comprehend it. This has also been a great "pick-me up" wall when I've needed it.


Our friends and family that attended the San Antonio shower wrote words of advice to the girls --this has been such a fun thing to read over the weeks. They will know they were loved long before they were even here!

Here are our last sonogram pictures. The pics are of Claire. We weren't able to see Caroline's face as she is face down kissing Claire's booty! Caroline weighed in on Thursday, 3/15, at 4 pounds and 3 ounces and Claire weighed exactly 4 pounds. We couldn't be happier about their weights! Hopefully they will be solid over 4 pounds at birth so when they lose some weight after birth we won't go down in to the 3's.


We feel so blessed to make it this far and have always known God is in control. But it has been through your prayers that we've found peace and have been able to face each day with a positive attitude. We'll do our best to post an update after the birth later in the week. Thank you for reading, sending cards, e-mails, texts, stopping our families out in public to let them know you were thinking of us, dinners, visits and countless prayers. These girls are loved and have had such a wonderful support group. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

4 comments:

momsey and pops said...

we are so very proud of Dustin and you Haley. You have shown great faith through this journey and will be blessed with these beautiful little girls. God is in control and has been all along, we just have to trust him to get us there. Everyday is precious and important to their birth. We cannot wait to see this bundle of joy we have been waiting 32 weeks to see. I have enjoyed the daily devotional and just knowing you are reading it too gives me a great deal of peace. We will see God on Thursday! love to Caroline, Claire, Dustin and Haly..had to do it alphabetically to be fair
momsey and pops

Lisa Renee said...

Just caught up on everything! SO glad to see things going SO well!! HOW EXCITING!!!! Can't wait to see pics on Thursday and know I will be praying at 12:30! Probably a little before too. Thrilled for your precious family :)

Jennifer Burkholder said...

Spinal is a piece of cake compared to what you have already endured! Wishing you a safe and healthy delivery and so excited the girls are finally here!!!

Anonymous said...

During my spinal (the 2nd time), I sang my favorite Christian song in my head over and over and over again until it was over. It worked great for me. Hang in there...I am so excited for you!

Kari