Friday, September 21, 2012
1/2 Birthday
The girls are now officially 6 months! I cannot believe where the time has gone. But I will say in the last 6 months we sure have done a lot! From a NICU stay to selling and buying of a new home, a move to Lubbock, Dustin opening his own firm and being voted on to the board of Yates Pet. It's been a busy 6 months for us and for the girls.
The girls can now roll over from front to back and back to front. That is an accomplishment we weren't sure we were going to make being 4 months adjusted (8 weeks early), but Claire was the last one to roll from her back to her stomach and she did it the night before her 6 month birthday -- she loves to keep us on our toes. So we have mastered all of the 6 month checklist of things babies do and this mommy couldn't be any more proud!
We love love love to chatter especially with daddy when he comes home from work. We are smiling constantly, but we won't dare crack a smile while in our carseat, haha. Both girls sleep through the night and have for almost 3 months now. I think God knew our boat was loaded and gave us very congenial and easy going babies.
At our 6 month appointment. Claire weighed 15 lbs. and 2 oz and Caroline weighed 14 lbs and 14 oz. Putting them in the 30th and 27th percentiles...NOT ADJUSTED! Woo hoo. We started rice cereal yesterday -- they are not sure what to think about that and then we start on vegetables next week. I wasn't expecting all of this at this appointment, but I am so pleased at their progress.
We are currently wearing the doc band. Each girl was born with a flat side of their head due to really limited room in the womb. We worked on positioning them early on but the flat spots on their head remained so now we are flying to and from Dallas once per week to get these bands adjusted. In only 3 weeks time wearing the band we have seen a drastic change in their head shape. I am a firm firm believer in this thing and know our time spent in them will be short and so so worth it. We only have 4 more weeks in it! I was a little anxious initially about taking them in public because people just don't know what to think about it and often say what they think but I have mastered the 15 second pause where they have to rethink what they really just said then I tell them why they needed it. But overall it hasn't been near as bad as I thought it would be and the results will be worth it!
Below are some pictures from our 6 month birthday party. We are going to celebrate 1/2 birthdays since the girls will forever have to share their birthday.
Happy 6 Months!
Daddy's girls
Claire loves her Gigi
Caroline's first taste of rice cereal.... may be this is an acquired taste???
Claire's first taste of rice cereal
Caroline loves her Papaw
Papaw and his girls
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
love the pics...they have come a long way these 6 months. I cannot believe the difference these bands have made, but their eyes seem larger and a deeper blue to me somehow. I love these girls so much, God knew that you guys had to live closer to family so that we could love them each and every day...each day and each week is different for them....so very thankful we can be a part of it all
love you
momsey and pops
Its so funny to read what you all have done in 6mo, bc I feel like we did (almost) everything you did~!!! (times 2 for y'all) Its been a whirlwind thats for sure.
Happy Birthday to the sweet "Brooks Girls" they are just precious!
I have to agree with your assumption that GOD knew you all had enough to handle and gave you easy going babies - such a blessing!
Love you FOUR!!
The Burkholder's :)
Post a Comment