We're home from a wonderful trip to Napa and Sonoma. We had 3 full days of wine tasting and that was heavenly! We ate at the most amazing restaurants...some that we had reservations for and others we stumbled upon. I took over 350 pictures....don't I have a great husband to let me take that many pictures? Capturing these pictures took many U-Turns, pulling off the side of the road, etc. etc....but Dustin was patient. The mustard plants were in bloom in between the vines.... I haven't uploaded the pictures yet....I know that will take a few hours...that I haven't found time for, yet. It's hard being away from your job....your work just piles up---there isn't a magical work fairy!!! My favorite winery was Duckhorn and Dustin's was Cakebread. Other wineries we tasted at and visited were: Franciscan (to me had the BEST Reserve Merlot I tasted on the entire trip), Whitehall, Frank Family, Rombauer, Duckhorn, SilverOak, Peju, Caymus, Domaine Chandon (for Jay some bubbly-bubbly), Artessa, and Domaine Carneros. PICTURES COMING SOON! They are absolutely breathtaking. On our way home we got up early and headed back to San Francisco to visit the Muir Woods. Something I have wanted to do, but when I am in the bay area I dash for the wine country. After that we continued down Highway 1 to the beach...took off our shoes and walked in the coooollldddd sand. Following that we went up to another lookout to capture pictures of the Golden Gate Bridge---with the heavy fog hovering around the top was just breathtaking. Then we had lunch at McCormick and Culetos in the Fisherman's Wharf....looking over the Bay and at Alcatraz. We previously had dinner there on New Year's Eve in 2005. : )
Now we're back to work, boot camp and Dustin's studying for the Pennsylvania Bar... 1 month from now and it will be over. : ) We're staying in tonight, making soup and watching movies (or the series of Dallas --- uhhh we're still on Season 1!).
1 comment:
ALWAYS LOVE TO READ THE ADVENTURES YOU 2 TAKE.
LOVE YOU
MOM
Post a Comment