Last Friday, my principal came to me to discuss me moving in to serve as the high school's special education department chair. Our current chair, who is absolutely the most organized and wonderful person ever is being relocated to California with her husband's job. I am very flattered and honored that I was chosen to fulfill her very LARGE shoes! I won't start until August, but will have the remainder of the year to probe her, ask LOTS of questions, learn, etc. I am not sure what my schedule will exactly look like -- I will still be teaching math and science, but how many classes and when is the million dollar question. A lot of these decisions cannot be made until the budget decisions are made in Austin which could be as late as August / September (hopefully not!). I encourage you to follow the education budget crisis in Texas. It's very tough and sad situation for ALL to be in. We're projected to lose up to 8 million dollars in my district, which is a large chunk of our current yearly budget.
Dustin leaves for Philadelphia on Sunday morning. The Pennsylvania Bar exam is on Tuesday and Wednesday of next week (2/22-2/23). He is more relieved, now, that the end is in sight. He has been working half days so that he has adequate time to study and prepare. At this point, he feels he has learned all that he can learn and is using his time to take practice exams. I believe the results from this exam will be in either late April or early May. PRAY that he does his very best and PASSES!
No comments:
Post a Comment