Well today was our first appointment following the beginning of the injections. According to all of the experts -- I am on track, extraordinarily healthy and reacting to everything perfectly. Everyone at my appointment today reemphasized to me how lucky we are....which puzzled me at first because after all I thought we were paying the big bucks to get pregnant, but the nurse quickly reminded me that not everyone can be helped -- no matter the technology or amount of stimulant drugs -- not everyone is capable of producing an egg or the right amount for that matter....so we're lucky...and sadly I had taken this process for granted, but know how all of the good things that are going for us in this process truly are gifts from God. Both Dustin and I have been a little restless thinking about what's to come in the weeks ahead -- so continue to pray that this process WORKS!
The injections are going well -- not exactly my favorite, but they are tolerable. I have 2 injections in my stomach daily through Saturday. I feel fine, look and feel super bloated, and a faint headache that I just can't get rid of, but really do feel better than that all sounds. Dustin has to give me the injections because I just can't bring myself to shove a needle in to my own stomach. He's been a trooper and often quotes how he used to do this sort of things to cows.......hmmmm not my favorite species to be compared to, but we'll go with it. On days of our Dr. appointment we have to take the injections later in the morning once we get blood results back etc. so Dustin has been trucking it to AHHS to give me the injections and then we both go back to work. We have another Dr. appointment on Thursday morning and on Saturday morning to continue to monitor and tweak my dosage as needed. Saturday we will then be told exactly the day of the egg retrieval surgery and 3 days following that will be the embryo transfer back in to me. I anticipate this all finishing up next Friday, June 10th, since things seem to be going very well, but we will not know for sure until Saturday morning. I am not nervous about the embryo transfer but am getting nervous about the egg retrieval surgery -- I only know it entails needles for follicle (that holds the egg) extraction and sedation and I think that's all I need to know.
1 comment:
you guys are truly blessed beyond measure...this will be a wonderful gift from God...you are in our prayers daily that this all goes perfectly!
love you bunches
Post a Comment