

Well the end is near....what a year it has been! Emotional roller coaster and well I guess we're still going round and round with the lack of a set budget in Austin. I am looking forward to summer; days to catch my breath and recharge. 8 more days for us! Yes....we have to go back after Memorial Day...booo! I have fully stepped in to my new position--fast-paced & the unexpected is always what will happen, are the two phrases I can use so far to describe my new job. The days fly by, which for me is a good thing because I get bored easily. I need a challenge to stay focused and engaged and being the department head for special education will ensure my needs are met!
The weather has been warm and sunny and has made nicely for some pool days for us. We've spent a lot of time lately grilling and swimming.....a great step-back from the fast-pace we endure daily at our jobs. Everything is going well with Dustin -- I think he is in need of a vacation, but given our fertility situation we're pretty much committed to staying in San Antonio through the summer..... but I can think of worse things.
We got our rent house rented. Our current tenant moves out the 31st and the new tenants (ironically from Lubbock) are moving in the 1st. Again, one more thing I'm disconnecting from for a more stress-free lifestyle for the upcoming months.
Tomorrow my fertility drugs will arrive to Dustin's office (slightly awkward for him I am sure!), but certainly more awkward for me if it is delivered to Alamo Heights High School and our next doctor's appointment is this Thursday at 7:30 am. From here we will get the injection schedule and the following 3 appointments in place. We're beyond excited! This is certainly helping with my depression that is expected to onset at the end of the Oprah Winfrey show on Wednesday. I remember watching her at my aunts house as a little girl following our daily soap opera runs....I am sure I begged Iris at the day care to let me watch Oprah instead of some nursey rhyme nonsense and I vividly remember watching Oprah with my mom on days she had off. Cindy Rose and I have been faithfuls since I was in elementary school. I am pretty sure I would finagle a way to get to Amber's house for the afternoon to only sit with Cindy in the kitchen, watch Oprah, and do our nails! I remember when they moved Oprah to the 3:00 hour when Dr. Phil got his own show....I'm pretty sure I was MIA at tennis practice around that time....after all I did live across the street from the courts so why not dismiss myself!!?? There is nothing quite as uplifting and feel good as the stories she has brought over the last quarter century. I've probably read the majority of her bookclub books, I have been a subscriber of her magazine for years, I subscribe to her e-mail blasts and I record and faithfully watch every show regardless if it is a rerun. Oprah.com is now even blocked at my school likely because I made the site have too many hits each day. ; ) I refuse to watch local news following her show because the message is never positive after such an upbeat hour. There will be a void without her show in my life -- she even makes me want to build schools in Africa! : ) I hope you are watching her 3 day farewell surprise series....I'm not sure who cried more times during the hour: Dustin or myself. She manages to find people that have been through it all and still have a "half-full," outlook -- it often puts me in my place and helps me focus on the good in my life instead of the speed bumps I've had.
Below are some more photos of Blackberry Farm -- my favorite property and hotel to stay at -- E V E R ! Heaven on Earth.....if the world was truly coming to an end and we had warning...I would migrate here. : )
P.S. Happy 31st Wedding Anniversary to my parents--what an example you have been!
1 comment:
your blog inspired me...I am not even sure I knew the impact Oprah truly had on your young life...I have not always agreed with her political views, but she has certainly had a wonderful impact on many lives here and abroad..truly a person with a big heart for the "underdog"..definitely one of the good guys of the world...her influence will live on for many years to come..I even recorded her last 3 shows, not watched them yet, but will soon..if I could give you guys a new blog headline it would be "changes ahead" ...new jobs, baby (s) in the future..I am thinking that somehow Oprah will play an important part of your future...I think you have learned a lot of wonderful lessons from her that will help to guide your lives. Don't both with the news it is never "good" news...you are probably better off! You are in our prayers daily and look forward to these exciting days ahead for you both...truly a "new beginning"
love you bunches
mom and dad
Post a Comment