Monday we had a follow up appointment and everything is going perfectly with the twins and myself. They are growing at a steady rate and have very strong heart beats at 164 and 163 beats per minute. We found it was very hard to photograph them individually they love to be together and they love to do just about the same thing and to be in the same positions. It's so fascinating. We got to see them twirl and swim around on the sonogram screen and seeing them interact like that will melt your heart.
This is my favorite picture. <3
We were referred to a perintologist, Dr. Gordon, that will be with me throughout my pregnancy along with my ob/gyn, Dr. Hasty. Fortunately for us, all of my Dr.'s seem to be in constant contact with each other and work with each other daily so that is a relief. Dr. Gordon was pretty blunt with us regarding how risky of a pregnancy this is. Twins itself are risky and the risk only goes up as you get in to twins that are monochorionic (share the same sac) and monoamniotic (share the same amniotic fluid and are not separated by a membrane) and we have monochorioinic/monoamniotic twins which according to Dr. Gordon (aka Dr. Happy) this is the most risky twin pregnancy. At this point I need to reemphasize that everything is going smoothly and I feel wonderful. I will be under constant care and will be going to my ob/gyn and Dr. Gordon every other week. I am ok with that though, as I will be constantly monitored. I will also be placed on hospital bedrest beginning early February as I conclude the end of my 26th week until the twins are born. This is only precaution and seems to be more standard procedure given the type of twins we are having. We left this Dr.'s appointment a little shaken up and scared but we keep reminding ourself just how healthy they are now. We have made a promise to not google and read the crazy stats that are associated with this type of pregnancy and I urge you not to as well. Dr. Gordon said this type of twin pregnancy is very rare and there really isn't a large enough pool for the stats to be accurate. But there certainly are a lot of risks involved but we're going to remain positive and honestly feel pretty fortunate that I will be under daily care by both of my Dr.'s while I am at Methodist. They hope to monitor me week 26 through week 33-34 and they will deliver the baby's by C-Section at that time. I am in search for hobbies to take on in a bed-rest type setting. I am such a busy body -- I'm sure you're laughing uncontrollably at the thought of me being in a hospital, in a bed for 8 or so weeks. (I cry at that thought).
So...going to the hospital um....14 weeks early has sent me in to a frenzy to get this nursery semi-together. This will only add to book of stories Dustin and I already have. I've had the Kanye West song "Stronger" in my head all day today and I'm pretty sure this will be our theme song until we get these babies here healthy. "Work it, make it, do it, makes us; harder, better, faster strong. N-now that that don't kill me can only make me stronger." (I hope these Brooks Babies are just as rap friendly as us)!
We couldn't get a shot of them by themselves.
Tomorrow we're going to order our cribS .... yes.... plural; more than one! cRaZy!
I've wanted an iron crib from day 1 and we're going with a gender neutral finish since we don't know their sexes yet and the crib takes 3-4 months for it to arrive! EEEK!
We finally found a stroller that has the capacity to hold two infant carriers.....now that was a task to find! You can check out all this sucker can do at: http://www.babyjogger.com/city_select_lp.aspx
Happy 6th birthday to Polo...what a sweet and loving companion he has been for us over the last 5 years.
Poor baby is still camera shy so we have to sneak the pics when we can.
Each day we go without a complication is a blessing and we thank you all for your out-pour of love, support and prayer! These are the miracle babies and clearly they are fighters!


3 comments:
Best of luck and so glad you are feeling so good! I'll try to think of hobbies, but honestly at this point, 8 weeks of doctor ordered bed rest sounds like HEAVEN! You guys are blessings as parents to any children and we're very excited for you!
these babies are being constantly prayed for by many loving family members, prayer groups, friends and our church family. We will continue this prayer vigil till we see their sweet little faces.
love you
mom and dad
Your entire family is in our thoughts and prayers. We can't wait to meet your little blessings!! Love you both so much.
Vicki, Kent, Kyle, Aaron and Jadyn
Post a Comment