Wednesday, February 22, 2012

28 Weeks!

We made it! Today marks the start of 28 weeks and only 4 more to go. We have a countdown of days on our board in our room and we have 28 days left.
Yesterday we had a scan with Dr. Higby and will have one weekly from here on out. So far the babies look good. Great heart rates, enough fluid, lots of movement and they are getting big. We'll do their next growth scan either Monday or Tuesday of next week.
This past week was one of ups and downs for us. I had heavy contractions (for me) on Thursday of last week and on Monday. But after an injection and IV they calmed down both times, indicating it wasn't real labor. So I'm taking it even more easy than I was. All I have to focus on right now is keeping those girls in the womb and healthy! We now monitor the babies 3 times per day for an hour. Which means I get 3 naps in --- the sounds of two heart beats bumping on the monitor next to me rocks me to sleep. It is so calming and peaceful to hear.
We set our C-Section date for Thursday, March 22, 2012. (I love even numbers and Dustin and I were both born on a Thursday so if possible I want this for these girls too!) It's on all of my Dr.'s calendars and having this as a goal gives me something to look forward to. Though I wanted to push to 33 weeks I don't want to be greedy or take my chances especially with this vesa previa. We'll be very pleased and blessed to get 32 weeks and 1 day. : )

No comments: