Well we have some great friends that have made numerous efforts to come up here and keep us company! Last night we had a girls night "in" and had a DaySpa ToGo come up here and give us manis and pedis while we watched the Bachelor. The boys went to the Adcocks and cooked steaks so this night was probably just as healthy for Dustin as it was for me. : )
Members of the Junior League have come up with a schedule to send someone in the day time a couple of times a week to keep me company. It's been great to break up the days and weeks.
The most time consuming project we have taken on is ancestry.com. If you have never done it then I would STRONGLY encourage you to do so....it is so interesting (sometimes scandalous) and informative. This all triggered when I was working in the girls' baby books to fill out their heritage and significance of their names and I wanted to be specific and exact so Dustin got us started on this website.
We have done each of our direct lineages from our birth mothers and fathers. Both sides of my family have been traced back to the 1500's to England. Did you know the inventor of the flushing toilet is in my family? Oh yes! He's google-able: Sir John Harington. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Harington_(writer) He was also a godchild to Queen Elizabeth I. So the saying goes when you're going to the "John" that's due to his invention of the toilet. I just think this is so neat to find especially since Harrington (an "r" got added on the boat over from England) was my mom's maiden name.
Dustin is still working on his side and have found some very cool and interesting names. He has been able to trace his mom's side back to the 15 and 1600's. He's trying to do his dad's biological parents, not his adoptive parents for some true history and it has been very difficult to locate their "real," not slang, names and true birth or death dates. But if there is anyone that will stick to it...it is Dustin.
Our friends Trey and Meg got started on theirs and so far they have found that Meg's great-great-great-great (or something like that) grandfather was the mayor of Austin and sold some of his land to the state. This land now hosts the state capitol. So if you do it...who knows what you will find!
Dustin will not be taking the New Mexico Bar this week due to our situation. Though it likely would have been fine the worry of "what if" is enough to send you over the edge so he plans to take it in July. Hopefully 2 crying babies in the house won't be too much of a distraction when he is trying to study.
Today, we have a growth scan and our girls should weigh in around 3 lbs! So we're making some headway. I have gained lots of weight this week and my belly has really taken off. All which makes me happy. : ) Tomorrow marks 29 weeks and March 22nd is still our big day! We continue to request your prayers over the approaching weeks as we work to make it to our goal. So far things are going well. The babies are scanning well on the monitor that we do 3 times per day and I am having an increase in contractions but am not feeling them so at this point it is not a concern, but we have learned this process is day by day.
P.S. I'm taking is super easy tomorrow and simply may just not get out of bed. I don't want to risk having Leap Year Babies.
1 comment:
truly Gods plan...these babies are growing and all is well by His design. You both have been so diligently taking care of these girls before they even get here...I can only imagine the wonderful parents you will be. I am so proud of you all!
love you
momsey and pops
daily prayers for you all
Post a Comment