Thursday, March 8, 2012

30 weeks & 1 day

Today, Thursday marks 30 weeks and 1 day. It's amazing how excited one can get over "1 day." Our C-Section is exactly 2 weeks from today.

So far things are still stable but with contractions becoming more frequent. My body has done well considering I'm carrying two babies and I am expected to contract. At this point we're just praying the contractions don't set anything more off than a little bit of pain here and there. We need prayers specifically for this vesa previa to not rupture between now and March 22nd. That has become the forefront of my worries.

Our girls are doing so great on the monitor. When I do have contractions it does not phase them at all. They are meeting their 15 x 15 required heart races and have never shown a de-acceleration. So as I've always said: the babies are strong and are fighters....their house was just built with mud and water.

On the bright side! Our girls have lots of hair.... haha but we weren't expecting them NOT to. In a 2-d sonogram you can see it sticking up off of the head. Maybe it's curly too?? That is what I can't wait to find out is if their hair is curly like Dustin's or straight like mine...

Things I have learned (or think I've learned) over the last 6 weeks:

-Waiting is SO hard.

-Never take the smell of your own home for granted.

-If you work and have always wondered what you were missing on TV, let me tell you...you're not missing a thing!

-I think Downy is missing a large market in hospitals. Surely they could produce an odorless fabric softner?!? No one likes drying off with sandpaper...

-The San Antonio newscasts that air at 4:30, 5:00. 6:00 and 6:30 are really all the same unless someone has broke jail between 4:30 and 6:30.

-Hospital food is really as bad as you have heard.

-My husband is amazing! He's gone above and beyond and taken the initiative to complete so many open-ended tasks we left abruptly to ensure my stress level remains low.

-The selfless love one has for a child is something I'm still not able to fully able to understand at this point, but have seen it first hand through our parents. Visiting us isn't exactly the most fun right now but they've come, sat, visited and kept our minds distracted. I know this must be extremely hard for them as well...especially my dad who can't stand to sit down for 5 minutes.

-Our friends have gone above and beyond to still let us know we really are friends! ....thank you for all of the visits, food, magazines, blizzards etc.!

4 comments:

becsellent said...

Not too much longer an you will understand that parental love! It's real life magic. Especially with two (at once or 4 years apart!! ;) ). You just never know how big and full your heart can be until children. There's truly nothing like it. Thinking good thoughts for all four of you!

Christina said...

I love your observation about the evening news! Hahaha!

Anonymous said...

Hayley, I have been following your blog since I moved to Houston. I am so glad the "girls" are doing good. You are in my prayers for continued good health of all.

Carol Peel

momsey and pops said...

we love you all so very much...every day is a precious day and it measured by the love you both have for Caroline and Claire as you await their arrival. you both have been so very brave and have a great deal of faith in our God who is in control of all of this. God loves you exactly as you love your girls...unconditionally..
cannot wait to see these precious girls.
love you
momsey and pops