The girls were born March 20th. Claire was born first at 1:05 pm followed by Caroline's arrival at 1:06 pm. Claire was 4 lbs. 2 oz. and 16" long and Caroline was 4 lbs. and 3 oz. and 17.25". All went well with the delivery and their cords had 2 full knots so we're grateful for no complications from that during pregnancy.
The girls currently are still in NICU but are doing great. They are each almost back up to their birth weight and are beginning to take more and more from a bottle and less from tube feeds. The growth and change from birth until now is unimaginable. It's hard to leave them every night but we ultimately know it is what is best for them.
I was discharged the Friday following their delivery and was readmitted 2 days later into ICU. Summed up I couldn't breathe and couldn't be any position other than straight up. I had massive fluid build up in my body, heart and lungs. I had pneumonia, high blood pressure, major fluid retention in my body and legs making walking so very painful and on top of all of this developed Bell's Palsy and have lost the ability to move the right side of my face. I was anemic and required a few units of blood on this trip as well. None of which showed up until after delivery, which is very rare. Throughout my pregnancy I maintained a healthy blood pressure and was swollen some but could usually find my ankles. They think the pneumonia had been there a while causing my shortness of breath, but what pregnant woman with twins isn't short of breath...therefore this wasn't alarming the plethora of Dr.'s I saw while in antepartum for 8 weeks!? As Dustin has said "this was all the perfect storm; a culmination of many things." I lost over 25 lbs. while in the hospital last week, any damage caused to my heart should be able to heal itself with time and I'm regaining sensation in my face, slowly. Though it is mind-blowing that all of this could happen while under 24/7 hospital care, it did, but we're moving on.....we've got 2 beautiful girls in NICU that need us.
iphone pictures: We've been bad about whipping out the iphones for pictures instead of our good camera but hope you can still enjoy them.
Can you tell us apart? (Caroline left and Claire is on the right)
We have some gigglers! Caroline
Gigi & Caroline
Momsey & Claire
Pops & Claire
Dustin & Claire






1 comment:
my heart is so grateful today! these girls are beautiful and healthy. Their moma is healing each day and getting stronger and as you put it...we need to move on, these 2 girls need you. I admire the faith and perservance you had while even in ICU dealing with your own health issues. Dustin was the glue that kept it altogether. my love to all of you...all 4 of you...
momsey and pops
Post a Comment