Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Yep....it's all true!

Yes, we're moving to Lubbock and yes Dustin is starting his own firm: The Brooks Firm PLLC. If you really know Dustin's personality then you know it was only a matter of time. Fortunately for him he did have the opportunity to work for a great firm here, had the opportunity to bring in clients and develop those relationships and really got to see after working at two different firms in San Antonio that he wanted to be independent. In my opinion, it was a great way to self-discover. Everyone close to him have encouraged him to do this for some time as Dustin has the gift of the gab and knows a lot of oil and gas people and businesses in both the Lubbock and Midland areas. He has commitment of work and turned in his resignation this morning, effective immediately.
So having twins is very challenging. Everything now comes with a plan. Dinner must be planned around feeding times and we must have bottles prepared in advance just in-case. Nonetheless, caring for a baby is a full-time job and double that then you will understand why I have decided not to return to work. I'm going to focus on what is truly important in life, our family and my health. I'm going to stay at home with the girls once we make our move. I will be finishing out one week at Alamo Heights and have alerted them to our move. I'm very sad to leave as I have been there 5 years and have developed a lot of wonderful friendships. Ultimately, this move back to Lubbock for Dustin and to Lubbock for me (can you believe I have never lived there??!!) is one that is best for OUR family. There Claire and Caroline will have 6 grandparents, 4 great-grandparents, 6 aunts and uncles and 1 baby cousin Emma that was born just last week while we were out there visiting. ; ) It will be a refreshing move to have so many family members so close. We've learned just how important that help is when the unthinkable happens.
Gigi and her girls
Happy Mother's Day 2012!
Great-grandfather, Papaw and Claire
Aunt Macy and Caroline
Great-grandparents: Nana and Papaw....and it was 8:30, feeding time! OOPS
Happy 2 Months... Caroline left and Claire right
"Wake up sister!"
Yeah, this photo shoot wasn't easy....so the binkies were MUSTS
Aunt Amber and Caroline
We outgrew our bassinets and mommy cried!
Papaw and the girls
Our new house
Favorite part! Love the door and LOVE the gas lanterns.
This pictures doesn't exactly give the kitchen justice. It has enough storage for all of my dishes, a full-size wine refrigerator and wolf appliances -- we. are. in. heaven.

4 comments:

Christina said...

I am SO sad you guys are moving, but I am really excited for Dustin and your new adventure as a stay at home mom...I just wish Lubbock wasn't so far away.

momsey and popsey said...

miss my girls......cannot wait till you get moved and settled in to Lubbock. Dustin will enjoy his new practice and you all will find life a little slower and easier in West Texas.
love you
momsey

Jennifer Burkholder said...

Congrats on ALL levels - So excited for you guys. We miss you already, but look foward to catching up at some TTU games this year. Good luck with the move, you all have a place to stay anytime you hit up the BIG D.

Lv - Jen, Daniel, Aly and Holly

Lisa Renee said...

WOW! I am JUST now reading this! SO thrilled for you all! I saw about his firm on Facebook but just did not realize it would be in Lubbock! I am sure your families are ESTATIC to say the least! Looks like you will also have a beautiful home. Congrats and excited for you all to make many wonderful memories there!