Thursday, May 3, 2012

You can't have too many....

- Burp Cloths - Swaddles - Diapers - Wipes - Formula - Bottles - Receiving Blankets - WASHERS AND DRYERS! Yes, we're running a full-time assembly line out of 7 Inwood Way. Between boiling baby water, mixing and fortifying formula, changing 15+ diapers a day and 3+ loads of laundry each day...I've been busy to say the least. This is a full time job! So far things are going well for the girls. They continue to grow and show all signs of good health. Last week we went to our first pediatrician appointment and Caroline weighed 6 lbs. and 2 oz. and Claire weighed 6 lbs. even. So basically they each gained 1 lb. in the one week they were home! We have a routine that we stick to and feed the girls every 4 hours. So we feed at 8:30, 9:00, 12:30, 1:00, 4:30, 5:00 and repeat. Lots of bottles, lots of formula! We do mama-roo time -- if you haven't seen this gadget google it...it's a must have -- playmate time and tummy time each day to strengthen our muscles but in between feedings, including the night they sleep! Their personalities are emerging. Caroline is super chill and easy going. If she's hungry she lets you know just by waking up and waits for you to feed her....she doesn't cry when she's hungry. Claire on the other hand, if things aren't just so then she lets us know with a one "waaaah" followed by rest and then another "waaaah." She doesn't like her hands swaddled inside and has to have it at a perfect tightness. She eats at her time on the dot! She's our wiggle worm during playmat time...this is the exact opposite of their personalities in the womb. Baby "B" (Caroline) was every where on the monitors and gave me lots of kicks. They are certainly fun to watch especially their interactions with one another. So I was stubborn and refused to purchase a bigger car while I was pregnant. Nonetheless, my car just will NOT work....(I knew this, but had to see it first hand!)....so today we're getting our suburban. Total kid-hauler, but I guess I am a mom of two now....so I will join all the other moms out there that have bit the bullet and bought the kid-hauler. I anticipate this being a great tail-gating rig too! My health: things have shown improvement. My bell's palsy is almost gone, if you're an average person just looking at me and don't know the situation but if you are looking for it you can see that my right side still struggles. When taking pictures I have to be extra conscious of this to open that eye a little wider and draw back my smile even further. My jaw is still not as strong on that side, but that is to be expected. My pneumonia has been clear and has remained gone. I went to the cardiologist last week and repeated my echocardiogram where they found my ejection fracture to be 70%. That doesn't sound high but it is -- it's a great number to have, especially when I started in the 40 percent range when I was in the ER. I still have some heart palpitations and on occasion my heart rate is still high but after all I am running an assembly line over here?!? I'm still on medication to slow my heart rate, but have been able to drop the blood pressure meds since I've maintained a consistently healthy BP since discharge. I will be released to return to work by the end of this month and should be released, HOPEFULLY, entirely from the cardiologist by the end of the summer. As far if this could happen again if we had additional children, that can't be answered firmly by everyone, but we're not ready to have that conversation, if ever. We feel VERY lucky to have what we have! Overall, I've bounced back quickly -- even my Dr.'s didn't think things would go this well this fast so we're thankful! When we arrived home we had two storks in our yard announcing the girls birth! So cute!

2 comments:

momsey and pops said...

lots of hugs and kisses to all our girls...you have come a long way and we can thank God for the many blessings for sure...good health is something we all take for granted and now have a greater appreciation for
love to you all
momsey

becsellent said...

We bought our kid hauler too. A Honda pilot - 8 seater. Our mid size sedan shrunk with kid #2. Like sardines!
Family looks beautiful! Congrats!