Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 1, Down

Well he's in good spirits! He said time was an issue, but it seemed to be for most others as well. Today was the "easiest," of the 3 days in Dustin's opinion. He, as planned left the house before 7 am and surprisingly was not the first one in the parking lot, ha (other over-achievers). His biggest dilemma today was trying to figure out how he was going to get his Nicorette in. Though the security was tight -- could not bring anything other than your ID, admission ticket and computer---Nicorette was an allowable item much like pens and pencils...the state knows who they are dealing with, recent graduates that are all, still, addicted to nicotine. I know many of Dustin's classmates, many of which are chain smokers -- I hope they are doing OK since cigarettes are not allowed. : \
I had a list of "to-dos," for myself over the next three days and well I guess my adrenaline allowed me to finish all of my list just this morning. I feel accomplished, but now am wondering how I am going to pass the time tomorrow and Thursday. Hopefully the sun will come out (it's been raining) and I can put our new Margaritaville margarita-maker to good use!
This afternoon we are going to take it easy -- probably watch some recorded Datelines, 20/20's, America's Most Wanted, etc. -- we are crime junkies -- perhaps this explains why Dustin had a perfect score on "homicide," in his practice exam. After that we are going to La Cantera for a couple's massage -- THANK YOU TONNA! A Good Day! Thank you for your texts, phone calls and e-mails -- we have such great family and friends!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well I want you to know that I there is not a doubt in mmy mind that by November that your new title will be Dustin Todd Brooks- Esquire, Good Luck and go get'm!!!!!!