We hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend with friends and family! My parents will be arriving this evening and we're meeting them in Fredericksburg for all of our favorite Bavarian Inn Schnitzel. Too close to pass up and we have a fun and relaxing weekend ahead. My cousins Kent and Vicki from McKinney will be in town along with their two boys, Kyle and Baby Aaron whom we have not met yet! We're excited. I think the Yates' are coming in for Easter Brunch so a nice family-filled weekend....with predicted hot and sunny weather ahead. Though we all desperately need rain, I love love love sunny days in San Antonio.
This past weekend we went to the Valero Texas Open. Between Adam Scott and Cameron Tringale playing, us girls couldn't decide who was cuter? Even our significant others ended up having a crush on Adam Scott before it was all over, ha. Friday and Saturday were both beautiful days -- we got a lot of sun and sat in the grass on hole #10. Chad Campbell hit it within feet of us. After he hit it, Dustin collected his divot and so we now have "Campbell's Corner," in our backyard -- goofy! According to Dillon's grandmother she saw us on TV on Saturday. Dillon, Emily, Tabor and Kaycee came in for the weekend. We had a great weekend with them and our San Antonio friends. We tried the restaurant Dough, as recently seen on the Food Network -- amazing! So good -- homemade Mozzarella and pizza fired in an Italian clay oven. We had to wait FOREVER, but it was worth it. Dillon stayed through Tuesday because his car was broke into at our house --- YES AT OUR HOUSE, IN OUR DRIVEWAY! How bold!!! Not a clue how they got in, or who it was or if it was not an inside job....but 10+ cars were broke into in our neighborhood on Sunday night. BOOOOO. From what we understand we have a lot of unsupervised teens with heavy drug habits and need electronics and cash for their quick fixes. Unfortunate, but at the end of the day it was just a broken window and they got away with nothing -- Dillon tricked them with an empty brief case. ; ) So lesson learned, we're getting an alarm system and well I've been taught how to load the shot gun. If push came to shove -- I could fire it. I'm still a little weirded out that someone likely came up our greenway and broke into a car in our driveway, but that's life. It's inevitable -- though probably happens more frequently in San Antonio than other cities, I do recall Dustin's Yukon being broken into when he lived on 107th Drive in Lubbock. If you give them a reason or a temptation they will do it.
The Valero Texas Open Weekend was my "go out with a bang," weekend! And...I did just that! I begin my medication this upcoming week and my social drinking and extraneous activities are coming to an end, but I am ready. I certainly maximized on my last month and am super ready. Our goal for the upcoming months is to minimize stress, do as little as possible socially and relax more. Time for us to be a little selfish and put ourselves first for a while.
So last weekend we had a beyond normal conversation whether the Easter Bunny delivers the eggs or lays them.....and our group still can't agree. So what do you think?
Either way....I hope the Easter Bunny brings me lots of bubble gum and chocolate! Have a Happy Easter! : )
1 comment:
HE LAYS THE EGGS. DEH
Post a Comment