Monday, April 4, 2011

Fiesta!


We had a great weekend and got a lot done! We went to San Angelo for Michael and Jodi's couples shower on Saturday afternoon -- it was a great time to catch up with family...and celebrate their wedding that is coming up in July. We weren't exactly brilliant when planning to drive home afterwards, but Dustin and I had a great time in the car. I found my ipod from 2005....yes it doesn't sound that ancient, but when I play the music it is absolutely hilarious! It ranges from 80's pop, 90's country and 21st century rap and techno. Quite the diverse mix I will say, and very entertaining! My favorite music from the ipod were Outkast & New Kids on the Block....Dustin's were anything "Mike JOOOOOOONES."

Polo is just getting over his ear infection and has now scratched one side of his face entirely in to a very big wound. So big we had to go to the vet Saturday morning because his back-foot as he scratched was only doing more damage. We saw a new vet than normal since we were a walk-in, and this man was quite the backwoods Dr. Who ties a dogs legs together so they are not able to reach to their face to scratch? I mean really.....that would warrant a call to child-protective services if Polo were a human...so I'm not sure all of our options were thoroughly thought through. It breaks my heart to watch Polo hop and yes, fall down trying to move around.... don't know how much longer I can last. : \ You can see the picture of Polo's back legs taped together---and notice all of the pollen on the sidewalk....that's why we had to come home and do yard work yesterday!



Spring has set in....very warm-days and lots of grilling at night! I am ready for the pollen to stop dropping so that my car will go back to its' natural color, grey versus grey with a hint of yellow and for my swimming pool to go back to crystal clear and blue instead of hints of yellow in the water! I spent the day yesterday scrubbing our outdoor furniture and the white rags were brown and yellow after wiping everything down. I'm told we're on the tail end of this pollen issue and this was an exceptionally bad year....hope I was told right!

Dustin helped his friend Adam chop down his cedar trees yesterday -- I think it was quite the work out for the two of them. Dustin was walking like a grandpa this morning from running the chainsaw for 3 hours. Friday night we went to La Hacienda (it was a perfect day and their patio is beyond perfect for some margaritas!) with the Braatens....and we ran in to 6 Levelland girls there -- as many of our friends say here "I feel like I know so many people from Levelland..." for a town of only 13,000 people we sure do end up everywhere!

This week looks "normal," for us....not a lot of dinners or events just work and home....sometimes it is nice to just take it easy....Fiesta starts this Thursday and will run through the following weekend. I have a couple of events I am volunteering at and we're out of school for the Battle of the Flowers Parade. If you haven't been to a Fiesta Event I encourage you to add it to your bucket list....and plan on attending in April of 2012....it's a lot of fun but can be overwhelming. 100 events in 10 days or so is a lot! You can check out all of the events on this website. http://www.fiesta-sa.org/
The following weekend is the Valero Texas Open that we go to each year and we have some out-of-town friends coming as well...I'm sure will make for another "wine-tour-type" weekend (I hope at least...I'm trying to go out with a bang since I know my "fun," days are soon to be over, but I am REALLY ok with that! : )

Friday Dustin finds out his results from the Pennsylvania Bar (He told me NOT to post this on here), but feel it should be one more thing added to your prayer list. He's trying to go with the flow and minimize it, but certainly is a big part of his daily job. I will of course post online or text when we know for certain! 2:00 Friday (I'm assuming Pennsylvania time...so 1 hour ahead of us).

1 comment:

SANDY AND SMITTY said...

DEFINITELY PRAYERS FOR DUSTIN, POLO AND POLOS MOMMY...KEEP US UPDATED ON DUSTIN'S RESULTS, SEEMS THAT THESE RESULTS CAME QUICKER THAN THE TEXAS ONE??? MAYBE NOT
LOVE YOU ALL
SANDY AND SMITTY