We spent the holiday weekend in Ruidoso with Dustin's dad, Lisa, Dallas, Katie, Ashley, Amber, my mom and dad and a slew of other Levelland-ers. I got to meet Kyna and Nate's sweet baby boy, Gage, while we were in Ruidoso --- aka Jimmy Martin Junior. He is absolutely adorable and is such a good baby.
We went to the horse races, did some shopping in town and spent our evenings / early mornings in the casino. This was the first time ever I had been to Ruidoso and practically everyone won!
The weather was cool and at night COLD....a great change of pace and scenery for us! On the 4th we watched the Brooks' horse run, Chochaluco (spell check!) -- pictures above.
Dustin had to return to San Antonio to work on Tuesday morning and I stayed for an extra day to see my friends. We had a great dinner catching up with each other and got to see Finley all grown up (from the last time I saw him). He's beginning to say a few words, very active, walking and curious.
This morning I had my Saline Test to check for polyps and I am perfectly healthy and polyp free!
We've been yearning for a break from it all... a getaway of sorts so last night we booked The Royal Hideaway for 5 days in mid July. http://www.royalhideaway.com/index2.asp It's adult only and well we hope this is the last trip we make that we can book an adult only resort.
: )
Hope you all had a wonderful 4th with your friends and family!





1 comment:
love the pics, love the bench and the log...made some great pictures..great news on the tests and i think the trip will be the ticket to some quality time together..praying for August 29! had a great weekend in Ruidoso with everyone..great times!
love you both
mom and dad
Post a Comment