"Honeymoon or facation?," was the question we were asked our entire vacation. We spent 5 days in the Riviera Maya at Royal Hideaway, a couples resort. I would say 25% of the guests were honeymooners so being younger we were asked that question over and over. "Facation," is how the natives say vacation....and we thought it was so cute! We had a wonderful time and this trip was planned for relaxation purposes only. We got a couples massage and spent most of our afternoons at the pool and beach. Neither of us had been to Riviera Maya and I have to vouch that these are the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen in Mexico. The locals and resort staff were so accommodating and so happy to have Americans visit their country. Though it is an iffy time to go with all we hear on the news; I feel the deeper you go in to the country especially in to resort cities the safer and more accommodating the people are. Overall a great trip and much needed relaxation time for us before the new school year starts.
This week I have workshops; I always save them for the later part of the summer to pump me up before the school year kicks off. I also got the news today that in vitro round 2 injections start next Tuesday! This snuck up on us....and we're very excited to start this again. It was nice to have July off to catch my breath and do some of the summer stuff I enjoy -- i.e. mojitos....so this weekend marks the last whoorah....alcohol-wise for me. Soooo I'll have to come up with something -- I'm sure we'll try to head out to the lake for a couple of days.
Yesterday was round 1 of acupuncture. I have read a lot of articles correlating acupuncture with increased success rates for in vitro and hey for 80$....that's practically free at this point! I can't describe acupuncture in words....it's different for sure and certainly more relaxing the second day than immediately following the treatment....I don't know if this is something I will continue in my regular life but hey my Dr. said it couldn't hurt me and if does nothing more than raise my spirits, attitude and confidence with this round then it is worth the time and money. I'll do one more long treatment and 2 shorter treatments the night before the embryo transfer and one immediately following the transfer when I leave the Dr.'s office and before I begin the bed rest stage. (The transfer is expected to take place the last full week of August). So summed up it's a new approach, new types of drugs, a new regimen and I'm a problem-solver type of person with a scientific mentality....I need new variables in my equation when doing something for the second time. : )

1 comment:
glad you guys had a personal "facation" before round 2, school, etc....looks beautiful
love you
Post a Comment