Thursday, August 4, 2011

Round 2

Tuesday officially started Round 2 of In Vitro. I guess technically it started a month ago, but I count from when the injections start. For the next two weeks I have 1 injection in the morning in my stomach. Not too bad....the smallest needle to date I've had, but sometimes I think the smaller the more painful? After these two weeks I have a round of hormone patches...which are just goofy so I've been getting my pool time in this week. : ) Doing a round of in vitro with frozen embryos is a much more structured process (and you all know me...I LOVE STRUCTURE). I pretty much know everything that will happen and the date it will happen. Blood levels can change things by a day or two but this isn't near as volatile of a process as the first trial in May/June. So with that I'm pretty much guaranteed to have the transfer August 29th or 30th. I will be missing two days of school the second week of classes and Dustin will likely conclude his quarter from home. We're both so determined and focused on this that neither is really a big deal to us -- we have learned a lot in this process and priorities has been a crucial lesson for us. We're positive, optimistic but of course nervous because the unthinkable does linger in our thoughts. But with the start of school I anticipate this round to go more quickly as I will be preoccupied with all that a new school year brings. Not to mention this round has less meds too. :)
Saturday I am having Leslie and Baby Emery's baby shower at my house. I can't say before these last two weeks that I had got much done around the house, but I've certainly made a dent in my list lately. Sadly, our yard is just blagh this year. I water every day but just can't keep anything alive. I'm sooooo over this heat. I know you all are too....every morning on the Today show Al has lots of sunshines on the southern states and few rain pictures. : (
In September, Baby Beck (well not really a baby he's officially 13 months) will have an eye surgery. I don't know enough of the details to post it on my blog, but they have tried other measures to avoid surgery but received the news this week that so far none of them have worked. Pray for them and Beck---I can't imagine how they feel, but they certainly are strong and can make it through this!
Next Monday is my official first day back to school. I have two additional weeks on my contract now that effect my start and end date. Dustin is SUPER ready to get me back in school. A) I spend too much money and B) I never sleep at night because I nap in the day, stay up late at night and sleep in in the morning. Poor guy....I've exhausted him. This summer has just been weird....we couldn't put our finger around what's so different this year....of course in vitro but also Dustin has had to work. We've not been able to escape to the lake for more than 3 days or have a long retreat back to Levelland/Lubbock to see family and friends and he's found very little time for golf. Kinda stinks being all grown up now.
I finally decorated our downstairs guest room. Yes, eventually it will be a nursery, but for now it won't be such an eye sore. Oh and I bought a new car (reason number 2,386 why Dustin is ready for school to start). I am so proud of this purchase just because I did it all by myself. I negotiated, told them what my bottom dollar was for my trade and got a super low interest rate...ALL BY MYSELF. Obviously I communicated with Dustin before signing on the dotted line but just going and doing it by myself was such an accomplishment for me.
Well summer is officially concluding....will I miss the time off? Sure, but I'm so much more organized and truly get more done during the school year. I wish I could work year-round 8-2...how nice would that be??!!
Our guest bedroom....come visit!

Check out that newly organized garage. ; )

Not too bad, huh?

2 comments:

Jennifer Burkholder said...

Thinking about you two - with lots of positive thoughts and prayers. Come on Baby Brooks~! See you Saturday ;)

sandy and smitty said...

love you guys...love the update..many prayers for you both and that baby brooks is soon on the way...
love you mom and dad