Thursday, August 18, 2011

Grateful

Oprah's facebook post read this this morning, "It's not easy being grateful all the time. But it's when you feel least thankful that you are most in need of what gratitude can give you." - Oprah.
Levelland & Lubbock lost THE most faithful person I have known this week. Though we were semi-prepared the thought of the truth, the days ahead for her young family and the reality of how life can change on a dime has had Dustin and I shaken a bit this week. Christie Devitt, only 33, passed away this week after a battle with breast cancer and then the cancer returning in her bones. I am so truly sad for this family, but she was such a special person and I was so connected with this story as many Levellanders were/are since many followed her care page for the past 4 years. You know you are special when your story is aired for your faith and your ob/gyn makes the last post on your care page ending the battle with cancer. You can watch a piece of the story that aired on the Lubbock news: http://www.kcbd.com/story/15272718/christie-has-won-her-battle-with-cancer.
This has put life in perspective for us and helped us redefine all of the wonderful things in our life we have to be thankful for and may have not been fully grateful for. Bless the Truelock and Devitt families.

1 comment:

SANDY AND SMITTY said...

VERY WELL PUT...DR BURLEY SAID THAT CHRISTIE HAD A PRESENCE ABOUT HER...TRULY THE PRESENCE OF GOD IN HER LIFE...I THINK WE ARE ALL SHAKEN AND SADDENED FOR THAT FAMILY AND THE DAYS AHEAD AND WHAT LIES AHEAD...WE ALL DO NEED TO BE GRATEFUL AND THANKFUL FOR EACH DAY...EACH MOMENT OF OUR LIVES...THE LIFE THAT GOD HIMSELF HAS GIVEN US...LOVE BOTH
MOM AND AD