Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Big Day!

The In Vitro transfer is set for tomorrow morning! Dustin and I are both off for the next two days so that I am on full bed rest. We are really excited, but I am very cautious again with this. All of the Dr. appointments leading up to this have been perfect and so we're ready to rock and roll! We will know two weeks from Monday if I'm pregnant or not. We're of course praying for success but for peace over these next two weeks. I have had so much support from friends and co-workers here. It was impossible not to tell people at work on this round....because two planned days off the second week of school with no explanation is just weird. I've been added to my friend Michelle's prayer box at their church where they will send out cards with their prayer warriors to be prayed for at noon tomorrow and another co-worker has worn the pin for St. Anne for me this week in hopes of conception. (I hope I have that right....I'm not the best at remembering the Saints and their roles).
Dustin starts his new job at Burleson LLP on September 1st. He will be in the Weston Centre downtown (the building on the left).


Friday was his last day at his old firm. The timing couldn't have been more perfect for this all. (Needless to say I'm sure he will be able to keep himself busy over the next two weeks). http://www.burlesonllp.com/ This is a good move for him, career wise. It's a national firm with offices in San Antonio, Houston, Pittsburgh and Denver. They value publishing, sitting for additional licenses in other states as well as encourage you to bring in business all with incentives. Dustin works well under an incentive based business model. Dustin was given a partner track along with 4 weeks of paid vacation / leave time!!!! For me, that is huge....it really does no good to work and make money if you are not able to enjoy it. Life is just too short!
Yesterday afternoon a house in our neighborhood caught fire. It was a house that we had looked at when we were buying and that I had wanted since it was a foreclosure and with so much potential. Of course we decided against it, but still pulling up on the fire trucks, ambulances, police cars when going home makes your heart sink. Everyone was able to get out except for their dog. : ( I can't help to think...what if that had been us? Hopefully, we have already paid our dues in the home destruction category. : )
Wish us luck tomorrow! This afternoon we're taking it easy and getting the house in order for us to truly relax over the next two days. Thank you for all of your support and prayers.

1 comment:

sandy and smitty said...

the verse I hold on to daily... thru good and bad from Phillipines..."His perfect peace keeps our hearts and minds quiet and at rest as we trust him"...I pray for peace, rest and trust in God during these next 2 weeks...we love you both so much and know God is in control...my heart is heavy for you both...but at peace...
love you...mom and dad