Today was our first sonogram and we got to see the heart flicker and hear the heartbeat! It was breathtaking and summed up is a miracle! Everything went great today and is right on track. Dustin, as you can imagine, was quite the emotional one this afternoon. We're still not sure how to refer to it (meaning the baby) since it is gender neutral at this point....but Dustin is running with the "bite size snickers" nickname for he/she. Those of you that know his snickers story and how he obtained his nickname knows this may just be the perfect fit.
This picture leaves me speechless. It is so real! I feel like bite size snickers is crawling here and you can see the growth of his/her arms and legs. If you look close at it's head I swear it already has a boof of hair. I've read in numerous publications that the baby won't grow hair until week 10 but I'm sure there will be a 5 o'clock shadow by then. HA! The more hair your baby has the more heartburn you are to expect........boooooo this isn't going to be good for me!
We feel so blessed and much more at ease since we've seen the baby!
Things I have learned so far:
**It really scares Dustin when I get up in the middle of the night for cereal and chocolate milk. Historically I don't wake up for anything so this middle of the night raiding of the pantry is a change in our sleep patterns. And uh, when did I start drinking milk? DISGUSTING...but it is sooooo good right now!
**Don't take pregnancy tests when your hcg levels are skyrocketing! Yes....I broke 2 tests simply because my hcg levels were so high that it pulled dye from the "not pregnant" line to enhance the brightness of the "pregnant" line. You all know me....I'm a thinker, planner and a worrier....as if I wouldn't pee on a family pack of pregnancy tests from SAMS.
**Don't go perfume shopping. Over the last several months I have been using the last of many perfume bottles and am in the search for a new signature scent....except shopping for perfume at this stage is impossible. Not only am I indecisive, naturally, but my minutely change of likes makes a purchase practically impossible.
**Overall I feel great...which caused me to worry and take a boatload of pregnancy tests. I have occasional headaches, my clothes are a little snugger, I nap daily {love this!} and I eat like a horse.
Dustin's progress:
**He's been THE MOST helpful husband. He prepares and cleans up most meals while I snooze on the couch. He takes care of Polo, makes the bed in the mornings, is proactive in his baby daddy readings & tells me how pretty I am....even though I feel like my face is retaining all of the animal crackers I am consuming. How did I get so lucky!!??
Bite Size Snickers is expected to arrive May 16, 2012!
P.S. We have started daycare shopping. Yes -- one of the places we are touring is booked through June....ummmmm so basically you have to be on the waiting list before you're pregnant....I'll remember this for next time. Thankfully Bite Size won't be checking in to day care until mid-August of next year. : )
3 comments:
I must say this so amazing to me to see such a perfect little baby shape so early on....I think there is a head full of hair...too funny...but you know this baby will not lack for dark hair and lots of it!...daily prayers for you all...Baby Brooks will be a blessing to everyone! love you pops and momsey
Soooooo happy for you guys and love seeing baby bite size snickers' pics!
I'm crying right now! I am so so happy for y'all!
Post a Comment