Monday, January 2, 2012

The Holidays

This year we celebrated Christmas in San Antonio with the Yates' and Smith's. It was a change for all but we enjoyed everyone's company and making the sacrifice for us! We went to Christmas Eve Service followed by Christmas morning traditions. I think Caroline and Claire may already be our family's favorites. : )

Macy, Connor, Dustin and me

Yates

Smiths

We also had visits from the Northcutt's and the Brooks' but I don't have pictures. We had a great holiday break, but were very busy! Our cribs, carpet, bedding and furniture all came in!! We went to the Alamo Bowl to support the Bears -- my sister-in-law, Katie, is 3 weeks behind me in pregnancy. I wanted to take a picture together, but may have conveniently forgot since um she doesn't look pregnant and I look like I ate a ham! Dallas and Katie are having a little girl as well, Emma.

Dustin worked a lot to finish off the year strong and he also turned 29. We had dinner at Perry's, his new favorite steakhouse with all of the Brooks's, followed by Red Velvet Cake (would he have it any other way??!!). Dustin also received a hamster again from people he used to work with at his old firm. I know some stalk our blog there so here's my shout-out to you.... #findanewmammalin2012

Today was my first day back -- this week I get my classroom situated then I will be out through February 7th almost everyday to chair ARDs.....so time has flown by!! Our goals this month are to finish up the nursery, pack "the bag" and we'll be making a trip to Levelland for our West Texas shower and then back to San Antonio for our ones here. We have such a wonderful group of friends and supporters -- thank you all for your continuous kind words and prayers. We had a sonogram last week that revealed all is still well. Our cords don't look "all that tangled" according to Dr. Higby which of course is miraculous. We go back on the 16th to measure more growth and tie up loose ends before I get my orders for admission on February 8th. Initially this stay sounded miserable but at this point it actually sounds restful. Yesterday, New Year's Day, Dustin got to feel them kick/move for the first time! I have felt a lot of movement but nothing from the outside so this was really special for him. So far they are both breach, laying side by side. We got a look at them the other day with them hand-holding....now that may bring more tears than those heartbeats. It's so very sweet to see them interact the way they do. : )

Here is a sneak peak of our nursery, but no full pictures will post until it's all done!



No comments: