Some of you may know by now that I have been admitted to antepartum for the remainder of my pregnancy (I will be 25 weeks on Wednesday and our goal is to make it to 32 weeks). So yes, I've got quite the "vacation" going on.
Thursday, I felt a little different and felt some tightening in my tummy, but as always I like to carry on and say very little. All of my Dr.'s have told me "if you feel you are having contractions you need to go to the emergency room immediately." I've been so worried about what a contraction feels like and scared that I may not listen to my body. So I went about my day, and this "feeling" just wouldn't go away even after having lunch...I had a Dr.'s appointment that afternoon and after I finished my meetings for the day I phoned Dustin to only let him know it may be a good idea to take work home because I thought this appt. could go longer than normal and I wasn't sure if he was going to be able to go back to work and well....long story short he didn't and neither did I. I was admitted on Thursday night for "minor contractions." This all sounds bad but this ultimately was only 1 week before we were originally set to check in to antepartum.
Everything is under control now, only minor contractions now and then and our babies are monitored multiple times per day to keep up with their vitals, heart rates etc. The babies are doing so so well and react very well when I do have a contraction!
We have a suite at Methodist Medical Center and Dustin, has insisted he stay every night with me and he has. He's been such a wonderful support -- shampooing my hair when my hands are wrapped up because of my IV and pretty much waiting on me hand and foot so I don't have to get up. You know you love someone before something like this happens but in a situation like the one we are in now, it is such a reminder of just why you married the person you did. He also took me on my first outside trip yesterday...WOO HOO...he said he was practicing for our nursing home days, haha. I missed my baby shower in Levelland and I certainly was heartbroken to not be there and see everyone, but LOVE technology and the opportunity we had to facetime with everyone. Thank you ALL for making that day so special for us!!
My family came down immediately following the shower and brought all of our goodies, spent lots of time here with me, got to hear those strong heartbeats multiple times per day and took Polo back so Dustin doesn't have to worry about him too. We also had a surprise visit from Dustin's dad and several of our friends. Thank you all for making this transition so smooth, physically and emotionally for us.
So the countdown has begun....7 weeks sounds just too long we are counting down by the days..... 51 days! Pray for us to make it that long and for the health of these baby girls!
We love you and thank you for all of your calls, texts, e-mails, flowers etc....it has really meant a lot!

5 comments:
Hayley, you and the babies are in my prayers... It sounds like you are in good hands. I will be watching the blog for updates since I now live in Houston...Carol Peel
Haley and Dustin,
I will be thinking and praying for you guys. Enjoy the "vacation" as long as you can. :)
I love the blog update..truly these babies are in Gods hands. They are strong little girls and you will have wonderful story to tell them one day. I love Dustin for loving you so much. He has been wonderful and what wonderful parents you will be to Caroline and Claire.
love you momsey and pops
You four are such an inspiration!! And Dustin could not be a better hubby ;). How super sweet! I totally understand the "counting down the days". Know that y'all are in our thoughts and prayers daily. Looking toward to seeing you soon!
Love the update! I was cracking up at Dustin's comment about getting ready for the nursing home days. Glad all is rather calm right now. We'll come visit soon!!
Post a Comment