Dustin has been a trooper! He has administered all of my injections and has taken to mixing drugs drawing back medications, changing needles etc. I feel like our bathroom has turned in to a nurses station and aseptic technique is a daily practice. Tonight at 10:30 I take my "most important," shot of this entire process to trigger my body to get ready for Friday's procedure. On one hand the Dr.'s work to stimulate my ovaries and produce a lot of big eggs and on the other hand they have to work to ensure my body doesn't naturally induce in to it's natural cycle and ovulate.
This morning's Dr.'s appointment went great. My estradiol levels were "perfect," and I have about 20-25 viable large eggs that will be retrieved on Friday. They measured from 15 mm - 20 mm which is again perfect. My retrieval is scheduled for 9:30 on Friday morning and the procedure should last 20-30 minutes. I get the full blown anesthesia so that in itself has helped me relax....the details of the procedure sound miserable. From there they will take the eggs and inject them with Dustin's sperm (hopefully his and not anyone else's haha kidding!) and by Saturday morning we will know how many embryos we have. On Friday they will tell me when my embryo transfer back to me will take place but it will likely take place on Monday. We are putting back in 2 embryos only....no octo-mom here! We will be freezing the rest so that I don't have to go through this part of the process if something doesn't work this time or we want to have another baby in the future. I am ready to quit being the Pillsbury Dough Boy (I AM FLUFFY AND PUFFY). 2 weeks after the transfer we will find out if it took or not. : )
We've had to be extra flexible in this process and I couldn't be happier that we waited to do this now instead of during the school year. I go daily for blood and every other day for blood, sonogram and consultation so they can be time consuming. Dustin's boss has been great and very understanding and has allowed Dustin the opportunity to work from home on Friday and Monday and any other days as needed....so that has alleviated that stress as well.
This weekend is Jessica & Nick's wedding (Dustin's cousins) in Valera and we're not going to be able to make it. We tried to work it out where Dustin could go but since we're now in the part of the process where his participation is vital we can't make it work. We're very very sad because we know what a great time it will be. : (
That's my update for Wednesday. Thank you all for your wonderful support, love and prayers. We're so thankful to have you all in our lives. : )
2 comments:
Y'all are AMAZING.
* on a side note *
It so cool that Nick and Jess are getting back together! Who Knew, I didn't like that Vanessa girl anyway ;)
so very excited for you guys..anxious, nervous but also at peace...many prayers are going up for you tomorrow and all will be wonderful!...you guys have turned into pharmacists yourselves...hopefully all of that will be over very soon
love you
mom and dad
Post a Comment