
We're anxious today...the day has gone by so incredibly slow. We slept in, went to church, had lunch, went to the grocery store, did some light shopping (for Dustin coin papers so he could count, collect and package his coins...yes we're looking for anything to pass the time), Dustin did some touch-up painting around the house and it is only 7:30! I have a feeling....time is going to creep for a while for us.
I feel like it is the night before Christmas or at least that is the closest comparison I can come up with.....essentially what hopefully happens tomorrow for us will forever change our lives. We're so incredibly happy about that....the thought of it all and the reality of "this may be the last night of us being childless," blows my mind! I will never forget the night before Jenn and Daniel went in to be induced to have Baby Aly...Dustin and I had a lengthy conversation on how weird that must feel for them...one day no child and the next forever they will be parents. It's a crazy thought to truly process.
I don't anticipate we will sleep at all tonight, but I did buy myself a new pillow for extra comfort over these next few days since I will be bound to bed. Overall, I am feeling better, but my stomach is still sore to the touch. Jeans & Seat belts = not on my favorite things list! It was nice to get out today, I had major cabin fever.
Our preparation for tomorrow begins at 6 am followed by a routine of drinking and retaining liquids which is then followed by a Valium....CHECK! I have been to the pharmacy so frequently over the last 6 months that when Dustin goes Mr. Patel (our pharmacist) asks him how I am doing and when I am seen pulling up to the window or walking up to the counter he automatically pulls my medications...haha! He told me the valium will likely make go in and out of sleep which is A-OK with me.
Well the time has come....wish us luck and lots of prayers! Two weeks from Monday we will know if it took or not. Following the procedure I have bed rest for 2 days and will then be down to 1 progesterone patch and 1 injection per day until we find out if we're pregnant or not. My box of meds has gotten substantially smaller!
P.S. We're only transferring two embryos -- not the full 13. What is left will then be frozen for future use if needed/wanted.
2 comments:
Prayers, prayers prayers are coming your way.
I wanted to stop by this weekend and bring you some goodies, but I thought I would let you rest. Want to see y'all soon. LOVE YOU BOTH ;)
such a relief today for you both..so exciting to see those cells and sonogram..amazing how God's handi work is coming together...as you said forever changed lives...pretty neat to know exactly what day and what time you actually concieved...pretty amazing indeed..days ahead will be long, but enjoy the process, you may never pass this way agin!
love you both
mom and dad
Post a Comment