Thursday, August 5, 2010

THE BAHAMAS!






We just returned from the Bahamas with the Yates -- and we were sooo sad to leave! We spent 5 days in the Bahamas and it was 5 days of HEAVEN! I have a new love for the Bahamas and our hotel was amazing!! We stayed at Atlantis in the Royal Towers, which is the main hotel on the property...but we did explore some of the others and they were just as beautiful. We felt very very safe there and not bothered or threatened by the locals (something I have yet to feel on trips to Mexico!)....I will definitely go back. Atlantis has something for everyone from slides to rapid lazy rivers, tons of swimming pools, shopping, a casino, beautiful salt-water aquariums with exotic fishes and sharks, top-notch restaurants including one of Bobby Flay's (Mesa Grill) and beautiful white sand beaches! If you have never been, it should be added to your bucket list. Not to mention, they have the best Pina Coladas I have ever had!!!! I am paying for it now. : ) Our days consisted of restful laying out poolside, a few trips around the 1/2 mile lazy river, a trip or two down the slides including the famous drop "Leap of Faith," followed by a happy hour, dinner and casino time. What more could I want? Connor took his girlfriend Chelsea (we adore her!) and Macy had her BFFL Shanae....we had a big group which made it all the more fun! Dustin is back to work today and my days of summer are slowly coming to an end. What a wonderful way to end the summer -- now we embark on the fall and the endless number of weddings and wedding events; we can't wait for upcoming fun weekends with our friends.

2 comments:

sandy and smitty said...

looks like a beautiful place...great family, great food, great beaches...glad you guys got to relax and enjoy some down time...i have seen info on Atlantis, but indeed may have to add to my "bucket list"
love you
mom and dad

Unknown said...

Just Visting the blog to see if anything new is happening with my Kids