Thursday, August 12, 2010

Blue Marlin Bathroom!




Lucky for Dustin I measured our outdoor bathroom (ha, that sounds like an outhouse), but the restroom you access outside from the pool area and the wall measures 5" longer than Bob The Marlin -- yeah!! It's air-conditioned so the fancy fish won't get a crack and Marlin and outdoors are two words I like to hear in one sentence. Let's hope that the Marlin fits through the door frame -- that fish has cost us more money freighting it around North America! Today was my last real day of summer -- and I topped it off by setting my record amount of sleep 13.5 hours. I thought there was some point in your life where you didn't/couldn't sleep that long? I know Dustin has certainly hit that point where he gets up with the sun no matter how much sleep has had. I am really really dreading that 5:45 am alarm clocks that are lurking around the corner... I cleaned our house top to bottom today, caught up on laundry and we finished unpacking / decorating Dustin's office, last night. That leaves only one room in the house to be sorted through, but we are in no hurry to make that anything because we want that to be our nursery when that day comes. My favorite room in our entire house is our dining room and I haven't posted one picture of it..so here it is! I love love love this room, but we love formality -- we eat at this table even if we are having leftovers, ha. It really feels like home -- we are so comfortable here, there is a place for everything and for me, having 5 sets of china/dishes and 2 sets of crystal, a place for everything was much needed! On bad days, I come home open up the sideboard and gaze at my Wedgewood Vera Wang, Vera Lace China -- that is my motivation. I think Dustin's motivation on bad days is to car shop online -- everybody as "their thing," that keeps them going...I guess these are ours. The other pics are of Dustin's office -- his desk is on his cattle rug that he has had forever -- it really looks good. That room is a very odd shape and small so this was all it needed. We have a large window seat that overlooks the backyard that I am going to have a cushion made for -- I am looking for cream and chocolate houndstooth pattern, but haven't found it yet-- so if you see some somewhere let me know! Dustin's mom got him the racehorse picture that we hung behind his desk -- it really added a nice touch of color -- the room is masculine but professional. And all those pricey law school books that are binded so beautifully in red have found their home around the office!

No comments: