Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Free Saturday...






Today marks my first Saturday NOT committed to tennis... a little sad, I cannot lie! Many of the kids have been texting / calling this weekend as they finished their tournament in Houston -- a great show for the Mules, 1st place! I can't help but miss it. BUT! --if I was in Houston this weekend with them I would not have had the great weekend with Dustin. So there is much to be thankful for! We spent the day in Boerne. We did some lamp shopping (posted above) and came across G. Harvey's most recent release (August, 2010) and already sold out -- except the remaining Giclee's in the galleries. We got the "Cowhands on the Avenue" Giclee numbered 119 out of 250. Dustin was obsessed, fell in-love at first site, stared some more, returned, stared and purchased. It has already been hung with our other G. Harvey in our dining room (pictures above). We LOVE his work -- traditional and always an American flag, SOMEWHERE in the piece... I hope City Bank one day wants to sell their collection... I'm interested (hint, hint). This week was my first week back to school...interesting sums it up. I teach 42 special education students each day.... it's challenging, rewarding and exhausting all in one! It is going to take all I have and with that know that I am blessed to have gotten out of tennis. We spent the afternoon on the patio of The Boerne Wine Company (a suggestion of my parents)... absolutely amazing!!!! If you are ever passing through... you must stop -- it is on the main road a couple doors down from Calamity Janes (amazing furniture, accessory and LAMP shop). Tonight we are enjoying our night on the patio... we woke up this morning with a crispness in the air...fall is coming soon -- enjoying every last minute of the pool days. Dustin starts his new job @ Mani & Associates on Monday -- send all your Oil and Gas legal work to him! He is beyond excited! Amazing firm, people & work -- we couldn't be more blessed. And on that note -- we will begin our journey of church shopping tomorrow -- we are open to all denominations, just going to try to find our home -- tomorrow we are trying University United Methodist Church. I'll keep you posted.... Then going to Magnolia for brunch (we will omit the eggs!!!!!) and then we're playing a round of golf. Goal: for Haley to break 100. Dustin has been very very patient with me. : ) If it doesn't work out, I am going to throw my clubs and head for the tennis courts. : ) We will keep you posted on Dustin's new job. He is fully equipped with new clothes and shoes.

1 comment:

sandy/smitty said...

Love the GHarvey....love the lamps...the house is truly amazing, I know you guys love it! I am excited for Dustin tomorrow, I know this job is exactly where he will maximmize his potential. You guys are truly blesse and soooo glad to hear you are looking for a church home, that will really seal your committment to SA and make it HOME...I knew you would love the Boerne wine shop, truly quaint and so very nice, hope you guys had a good golf day...and you didn't have to throw any club..haha...still no picture of Bob Marlin???? let me see his new home sometime
love you guys
have a great week
mom and dad