




Today was my first day back and it was great -- it was nice to come home at a normal teacher hour, 4ish, vs. the tennis hour I used to come home at, 10ish. This week is the start of tennis tryouts -- they start at the end of the teacher work day and go until 10 pm or so -- of course I am officially out of tennis, but a part of me kind of misses it while another part of me does not -- it was time to move on. Tonight Dustin and I went up to school and took some lamps, decor etc. that we are no longer using at the house to warm-up my classroom. I am teaching 3 sections of math, 1 science and 1 credit recovery -- but since my science class is loaded with 11 special education students (that's a lot!) my department head is trying to have that spilt where I would have 3 maths and 2 sciences...I'm cool with either -- I get bored easily and the change keeps it spicey! Dustin set up my computers for me!!!! : ) Today was my first day in my classroom, but I got a lot done -- still a construction zone, but I don't think anyone has ever seen my classroom? It's cozy and I LOVE IT. This past weekend we went to Lubbock for Matt Vance and JoBeth Campbell's Wedding --- truly an adorable couple. It was a very relaxed weekend--Dustin was a groomsman. The ceremony was beautiful and the reception was amazing -- we tore up the dance floor! Matt and JoBeth may be the two best people we know...so very easy going and always smiling. We got to see a lot of Dustin's high school / childhood friends that we don't see quite as frequently and it was great catching up....we laughed the entire weekend! Above are pics of my classroom, one of us before the Campbell/Vance wedding and the happy couple. Dustin is playing in the Sonterra Club Championship Golf Tournament this weekend...this week is the first "real-life," week we have ever had --- we both go to work, come home for dinner, TOGETHER, AT A NORMAL TIME, no studying, no tests, no bar -- just work, dinner, golf and pool...it's perfect! P.S. Phone is now fixed and only cost us $82 -- I can now receive and make calls plus everything else---considering its' condition on Friday we are PLEASED.
1 comment:
Love the update...so glad you are not in tennis...i know you miss the kids, but your life will be so much easier now...love your dress you and Dustin make a very cute couple...good to have him be able to help set up your computers and get you going...love you guys have a great day...Matt and Jo Beth...a very cute couple
Post a Comment