Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday to my dad! He's 39 today. : ) My mom was taking him to dinner and baked him his traditional German Chocolate cake....that sounds soooo good about now.

Today and this week has just been a GREAT week for us!

The best news is that Dustin got a job offer from Philip Mani & Associates today --- an Oil and Gas Firm here in SA (3 miles or so from our house) -- right up his interest alley! He goes in Friday to work out the logistics, but this is a great great great great great opportunity!!! Check out their website: http://www.philipcmani.com/ Dustin's friend, Adam, helped make this deal happen -- and we forever owe him! Adam is a new associate there as well (he graduated law school with Dustin). They both looooove golf (both played in college) and play as much as possible and his wife, Suz, is a teacher -- we have a lot in common with them. Oh!--and they just adopted a dog from a rescue shelter. I hope they get some work done! We are ecstatic. I will keep you posted with the logistics.

I got a front-row-joe parking space at school (sounds small, but this HUGE), our schedules were rebuilt and I now conference and lunch from 11:10-1:45 everyday, what a nice break! And....I got to split my large special education science class in to two sections. Now I have 2 sciences and 3 maths and no tennis --- : ) : )

This has all finally fallen in to place for both us....patience and the hard work has finally paid off! August 18th, 2010 may be the best day...yet!

1 comment:

sandy said...

I am so very proud for Dustin...the firm and its focus definitely sounds right up his alley...looks like a progressive, professional firm that he will fit right in with...exciting days, you guys will have a hard time sleeping tonight, but your days ahead will be so much better and will give you time to focus on "lving"...we love you both and are very excited to see what this year holds for you both
love you
sandy and smitty